“Now we have tablets, netbooks, smartphones, large TVs and more that can access the web”~ Web Designer Magazine
Responsive web design is a web design approach aimed at crafting sites to provide an optimal viewing experience—easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling—across a wide range of devices (from desktop computer monitors to mobile phones) ~Wiki
What is Responsive web design (RWD)?
Why, You Ask
Let’s start with some simple facts.
- A recent report by analyst Mary Meeker, mobile devices running iOS and Android now account for 45 percent of browsing
- Mobile Internet is becoming the Internet – Users are more commonly accessing internet through their iPad, Android and iPhone
- Users with new or old devices can have the same great experience on a web site
- Competitive Advantage – By reaching a wider audience, a well built website for all users increases a brand’s trustworthiness.
- Cost Effective – Businesses can save time and money in the long run on the maintenance of their web site
- Although I develop responsively many competitors don’t! Therefore it can be a huge business advantage, which leads to more sales and conversions. User can easily access your information, no matter what platform / OS their using
- Responsive Design is the coding standard of 2013
Whether your looking for a brand new Design or your site needs a “Face Lift” contact Rey Ochoa to schedule a consultation.